The Anchorage Democrats function as a regional organization within Alaska Democrats. The Anchorage Democrats help to decide on the issues that go into Alaska Democrats Party Platform, and mirror those issues. The text below is copied from the Alaska Democrats Party Platform document adopted most recently at the 2022 State Convention.
The Alaska Democratic Party, through its candidates for elected office, seeks to govern responsibly for the benefit of all Alaskans. In governing, we are guided by certain shared values that are the foundation of our party; the policies we champion in this platform are grounded in these shared values:
- Empathy: We believe that we and our leadership must express empathy to others. Empathy is expressed as compassion, kindness, and generosity.
- Truth: We commit ourselves to truth, integrity, honesty and accountability, as individuals, in our actions as a Party, and in how we govern.
- Equity: Equity is expressed in fairness, justice, democracy, intentional inclusiveness, equal opportunity for all, human dignity, diversity, and respect.
- Service: Our purpose as Democrats is to serve the public. As members of the party and as elected officials, our service is shown by our work ethic, productivity, and humility.
- Progress: We believe in human progress to make a better world. Opportunity, economic development, science, technology, and social development are part of our mission to create a better world for all people.
- Responsibility: We resolve to leave a better world for those who follow us. We must pursue policies that ensure our resources – human, natural, financial – are managed for the sake of benefiting both current and future generations.
- Ethics: Our personal conduct should express the values listed above. We challenge ourselves to achieve even more than those who went before, and leave a legacy of a more just, equitable, and successful society.
This is who we are. This is why we come together as Democrats.